Software Programmer – Embedded Linux – Optech Inc. – USA
The employee is a member of a small R&D team focused on lidar technology. The team is developing the capability to improve shallow-water seafloor imaging, characterization of the water column, and classification of benthic habitat and coastal land cover. The employee participates in designing and building a new generation of bathymetric-topographic lidar system. An ideal candidate would have 3-7 years of industry work experience. Experience in electro-optical or RF systems design highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop code in C or C++ within the Linux operating system environment.
- Development of custom client/server architectures utilizing TCP/IP and UDP protocols.
- Proficiency with the use and maintenance of revision control systems such as Subversion or CVS.
- Firmware design and ability to develop software for embedded systems.
- Integration of new modules or components into embedded systems for scalability.
- Generation of user-friendly documentation packages for R&D and manufacturing.
- Programming and knowledge of software data structures and/or object oriented programming concepts.
- Comply with corporate guidelines for coding conventions, industry standards and meeting product specifications.
Required Skills & Experience:
The candidate must possess the following skills to be considered a viable applicant for this position:
- C/C++ programming skills.
- Minimum of three years experience with programming in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in electronic or embedded system design, implementation, testing & deployment.
- Ability to follow schedules and meet project milestones
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
The following skills are desired in a candidate for this position:
- Experience with embedded Linux operating systems.
- Experience in software/driver design in an embedded Linux environment.
- Experience using the Eclipse integrated development environment(IDE).
- Hands on experience with typical electronic test equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in software, computer, or electrical engineering or computer science
The individual selected for this job should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of meeting project deadlines, and must be comfortable working in a highly diverse and multi-cultural environment. This job may require domestic and international travel. This job is in Kiln, Mississippi and requires permanent residency and work authorization in the US for any employer (Green card holder or US citizen).
Optical Mechanical Engineer
Role: The employee is a member of a small research and development team focused on the evolution of Optech’s bathymetric LIDAR technology. The team is developing the capability to achieve 3D shallow-water seafloor imaging, characterization of the water column, and classification of benthic habitat and coastal landcover. The employee would apply mechanical engineering design knowledge to Electro-Optical products development; Control documentation and configuration in accordance with established industry standards; and participate in proto-type design as well as transferring products to manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of Optech’s Hardware Engineering Manager, accomplish all necessary engineering activities to:
- Develop and design mechanical elements from the component level to system level and packaging in a high paced R&D environment; Prototyping to Manufacturing;
- Interfacing with machine shops and custom component manufacturers;
- Translate knowledge of mechanical concepts to layout in order to provide the highest quality documents for long term reliability and performance;
- 3D CAD modeling of components, assemblies and systems including production level drawings.
- Provide user-friendly documentation packages for R&D and manufacturing;
- Support existing designs including hands on assembly;
- Ensure that designs follow industry standards and meet the product specifications;
- Optimize the design of optical-mechanical interfaces of elements and systems for performance and ruggedness;
- Develop optical experiments; Perform alignment of optical-mechanical systems; Lead troubleshooting efforts for optical elements for new projects & systems.
- Collaborate on optical-mechanical design concepts for new projects;
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-2 years industry experience emphasis on design
- Experience with CAD modeling and generation of machine-shop level drawings utilizing SolidWorks
- Experience with the operation and safety of class III and IV lasers
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Understand basic optical element terminology: filter types, attenuation numbers, types of mirrors and other optical elements especially the one employed in a Lidar system.
- Use of off the shelf power meters, laser beam analyzers, detectors.
- Experience with precise opto-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with PDM system
Other: The individual selected for this job should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of meeting project deadlines, and must be comfortable working in a highly diverse and multi-cultural environment. This job may require domestic and international travel.
This job is in Kiln, Mississippi and requires permanent residency and work authorization in the US.
Technical Order Manager, NVision Solutions, Inc. – Bay St. Louis, MS
Location: Bay St. Louis, MS
The Technical Order Manager provides Technical Data Support Services (TDSS) required for the development and publication of all technical data supporting a DoD aviation-related program.
Responsible for the acquisition, sustainment, and publication of technical data (technical order documents and engineering data) to support a set of prototype devices.
The Technical Order Manager will work with Navy technical orders and associated military specifications and DoD acquisition cycles. A complete knowledge of technical order manager responsibilities is essential.
- Experience working with DoD technical orders and associated military specifications
- Requires expertise in coordinating with manufacturers, engineers, equipment specialists, logistics teams, and program managers
- Must provide support to document any changes or revisions to all TOs and other documents that may be impacted by a modification or safety issue. Knowledge of technical data acquisition is necessary
- Experience in publishing Technical Data Packages is essential
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of technical publication background and experience in dealing with all aspects of technical data, from acquisition to printing and distribution
- Ability to teach/train employees on all aspects of TO Management
- Knowledge of technical data acquisition
- Ability to read and understand military specifications and governing/policy documents
- Excellent leadership, organization, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as database and desktop programs such as SolidWorks and FrameMaker
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to identify errors within technical manuals and engineering drawings and recommend solutions for correction
**Please Contact April Baumgartner at 228-687-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org**